FIRESTONE — The town of Firestone launched an updated, redesigned website Aug. 22.
The website — www.ci.firestone.co.us — now features a cleaner, easier layout to navigate, new interactive tools such as email notifications, online forms and mobile apps to allow people to engage with town officials and the community at large.
“Local government works best when there is open and transparent communication between town hall and the citizens we serve,” said Mayor Chad Auer in a news release announcing the site’s launch. “Our new website is critical to Firestone’s success as a leader in effective government.”
The new navigation on the website allows people to easily find information they are seeking:
• Government: Features information like agendas, boards and committees, municipal code and more.
• Town Services: Access to all the services in the town in a convenient department list.
• Your Community: Whether people are new to the area or long-time residents, this section is full of information regarding parks and recreation, library, nonprofits, community events, schools and more.
• Business: Business owners and contractors will find this section full of information about setting up a business with the town.
• Help Me Find: A large menu with links to frequently-used options.
Firestone worked with CivicPlus on the site, which specializes in government websites.