- Special Sections
- Public Notices
FIRESTONE — The town of Firestone is accepting applications from Firestone residents who are willing to serve on its cultural committee.
The cultural committee acts as an advisory group on cultural arts matters and focuses on enhancing artistic and cultural resources in the community.
The committee’s goals include:
• Serve as an advisory group to the Board of Trustees on cultural arts matters.
• Recommend methods for maintaining and increasing artistic and cultural resources, as well as the level of awareness of arts, cultural and civic events.
• Provide advice and recommendations to the Town Board with respect to the planning and conduct of the Town’s annual community events.
• Stimulate and encourage private and public study, planning, presentation and participation in artistic, cultural and civic activities and events.
• Encourage and promote programs for the enrichment of culture in the Town.
• Explore and recommend to the Town Board ways and methods of obtaining private, local, state and federal funds to promote arts and culture in the Town.
• Gather information, conduct surveys and undertake similar activities in view of advising the Town Board on matters respecting cultural development for the Town.
Residents who wish to be considered for a position on the committee are encouraged to submit an application found on the Town’s website at www.ci.firestone.co.us/boards, or download the application and submit it to the Town Clerk’s office at Firestone Town Hall, 151 Grant Ave., P.O. Box 100, Firestone, CO 80520.