- Special Sections
- Public Notices
FIRESTONE — A portion of Firestone streets are undergoing chip sealing and striping after the Firestone Board of Trustees approved the expenditures at its July 9 meeting.
The surface improvements will help extend the useful life of the roadways and rehabilitate the aging pavement markings.
Several sections of roadways that will receive improvements include:
• Locust Street (CR 19) from Firestone Boulevard to County Road 26 will get slurry seal, chip seal and striping;
• Colorado Boulevard (CR 13) from Pine Cone Avenue (CR 20) to Booth Drive will get chip seal and striping;
• Sable Avenue (CR 22) from Colorado Boulevard to Frontier Street (CR 15) will get chip seal and striping.
Restriping will take place on several roadways:
• East Frontage Road north of Firestone Boulevard;
• Birch Street;
• Colorado Boulevard north of Firestone Boulevard;
• Firestone Boulevard east of Frontier Street;
• Pine Cone Avenue; and
• Frontier Street.
In addition, all of these roadways will receive Thermoplastic, which is the durable pavement marking system. Additional crack filling and street repairs on other roadways in town will continue throughout the summer and fall.
The cost will be paid through sales tax revenues collected from the new sales tax increase.