FIRESTONE — Movies in the park has become a Firestone summertime tradition, and this summer will bring even more fun to the event series.
Food & Flick Fridays will kick off in June with food trucks filling the park, live music, face painting, games and fitness fun, and, of course, a movie to top it all off.
Food trucks have become the latest in full-fledged mobile restaurants with seasoned chefs offering a variety of scrumptious gourmet fare. Attendees to the Food & Flick Friday events can enjoy a selection of tasty food from the trucks from 6 to 9 p.m.
In addition to the food trucks, the events will include live music in the park, free face painting, and free fitness and family-focused games sponsored by the Carbon Valley Park & Recreation District from 6 to 8 p.m. Free movies will show on the big screen starting at 8:30 p.m.
The Food & Flick Friday series runs throughout the season on five event dates. The lineup includes:
• June 6: Music by Ash Ganley, followed by “Frozen” at Hart Park, 467 Jackson Ave., Firestone.
• June 20: Music by Danny Shafer, followed by “The Little Mermaid,” at Hart Park
• July 11: Music by Dave Davis, followed by “Homeward Bound,” at Settlers Park, 11447 Deerfield Drive, Firestone.
• July 25: Music by The Country Music Project, followed by “Despicable Me 2,” at Hart Park.
• Aug. 8: Music by Lara Ruggles, followed by “Little Giants” at Hart Park.
Featured food trucks throughout the season will include Oskar Blues’ The Bonewagon, Bodacious Eats, The Giggling Greek, Manna from Heaven and Waffle Cakes. The full lineup and appearance dates can be found online at www.ci.firestone.co.us/foodandflickfridays.
Before the movie begins, attendees can enjoy free popcorn and bottled water courtesy movie sponsors and the Town of Firestone. Attendees are also encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets to get comfortable in the park. Remember though, no alcoholic beverages are allowed in town parks.