- Special Sections
- Public Notices
FORT LUPTON — The Fort Lupton Trapper Days Committee is seeking entries for the annual Trapper Days community celebration set for Sept. 5 through 8.
This year’s theme is “Looking Forward through the Lens of Our Past” and is based on the rich historical heritage of the Fort Lupton area.
The Trapper Days Parade Committee is seeking entries for the parade to be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 7. There is no entry fee although pre-registration in the parade is required.
Cash prizes and awards will be given for first and second place in the categories of Spirit of the Parade (a travelling award trophy sponsored by Wholly Stromboli of Fort Lupton), Best Commercial Entry, Best Mounted Group, Best Horse Drawn Entry, Best Classic Car, Best Band or Musical Entry, Most Creative, and Best School Entry.
For the appropriate forms and parade information, please contact the Fort Lupton Chamber of Commerce by calling 303-857-4474. Registration forms must be returned by Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013.
There are parade rules which must be followed.
• Motor vehicles must be decorated.
• Adult walkers may hand out items but nothing may be thrown at the crowd.
• Handouts may be given by adults only and be appropriate for all ages.
• Black powder guns may be fired only in “parade mode.”
• “Burn outs” will not be tolerated.
• The contact person listed on the Parade entry Form is responsible for the conduct off all participants for their entry.