- Special Sections
- Public Notices
WELD COUNTY — The Upstate Colorado Economic Development privately led 13-member board of directors chose its officers to lead the organization during 2014.
• Scott Ehrlich, president of Ehrlich Dealerships, was elected chairman of the board. A Greeley native, Scott has been involved in many local community activities, including the Boards of the Boys and Girls Club and the Greeley Chamber of Commerce. Scott established the College Promise program, which provides financial support to eligible area students wishing to attend Aims Community College.
• Sean Conway, Weld County Commissioner, will serve as chairman-elect. Sean is a third-generation Coloradan who grew up on a ranch in the Rocky Mountains. Conway and his family have made Weld County their home for more than two decades. Conway is serving in his second term as Weld County Commissioner at large. Prior to serving as County commissioner, Conway worked as former U.S. Sen. Wayne Allard’s chief of staff.
• Tom Haren, owner of AGPROfessionals, continues as treasurer. Tom specializes in project development strategy and regulatory, political, and public relations. He is CHMM certified and holds licenses for CSS and Class D waste water operator. He founded AGPRO in 2000 and recently moved the corporate headquarters to Greeley. Tom served and was honorably discharged as a sergeant in the U.S. Army and was a drill instructor in Fort Benning, Ga., and Fort Jackson, S.C., from 1988 to 1992.
• Barb Kirkmeyer, Weld County commissioner, joined the board to represent Weld County.
• Mike Finn, Greeley City Council member, joined the board to represent the vity of Greeley.
• Mike Nichols, Vice President – Commercial Banking Manager at First National Bank, joined the board to represent the private sector.
Two open board positions are expected to be filled at the February meeting, one private sector member and one community at large.